The City of Mesa is a great place to work! In addition to competitive salaries, the City also has a generous amount of other benefits available. For more information, please see our website: http://mesaaz.gov/benefits/
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Technician I
($46,930.64 - $66,081.60 Annually)
Under general supervision, an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Technician I performs skilled work in the installation, maintenance, operation, and repair of electrical and electronic traffic signal control devices, various communication devices, and the ITS components.
This position performs related duties, as required:
• Install, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot and repair current and future ITS infrastructures and interfaces such as various traffic signal cabinet systems; vehicle detection systems; traffic control devices; dynamic message signs; communication systems; perform preventive maintenance on ITS equipment such as control cabinets, video cameras and subsystems, interconnect, and electrical wiring.
• Work includes troubleshooting malfunctions and responding to trouble calls.
• Performs construction of traffic signals and inspects the work of contractors to verify their work meets City of Mesa and other standards.
• Uses a personal computer (PC) for recordkeeping and diagnostic troubleshooting of signal operations.
• Guidance is received by the ITS Technician II and is supervised by the ITS Operations Foreman who reviews work through observation, conferences, reports, and results achieved.
• Required to work irregular shifts, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Work is subject to call-out during off-duty hours.
This class is FLSA nonexempt.
Employee Values: All employees of the City of Mesa are expected to uphold and exhibit the City's shared employee values of Knowledge, Respect, and Integrity.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Graduation from high school or GED.
• Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to 2 - 3 years' traffic signal maintenance experience, or graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate Degree in Applied Science (Electronics Engineering Technology), and at least one year of traffic signal cabinet maintenance experience.
City of Mesa offers a competitive benefits package. A CITY OF MESA ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Applications will be accepted continuously until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as we will review applications as they are received. For complete job description, special requirements, preferred qualifications, and online application form, please visit our web site at: "Click Here"
City of Mesa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.