|Job Title:||Certified Signals Electrician|
|Job Opening Id:||37207||# Required:||1|
|Business Unit:||Public Works||Division:||Transportation|
|Location:||Service Centre – Traffic||Standard Hours:||40.00 / week|
|Salary Grade:||13||Salary Range:||$ 33.65 – $ 35.93|
|Post Date:||2023-11-01||Close Date:||2023-11-14|
Important Notices & Amendments
*Please Note: the pay range for this role is $33.65 – 35.93, however, all CUPE1287 hires must start at Step 1 = $33.65. This is non negotiable.*
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 475,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high-quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
At Niagara Region, we value diversity – in background and experience. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aspire to hire and grow a workforce reflective of the diverse community we serve. By doing so, we can deliver better programs and services across Niagara.
We welcome all applicants! For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Niagara Region, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Niagara Region, Ontario or email related questions to email@example.com. To send input on reducing barriers in the current hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Region’s full employee equity statement, Working at Niagara Region – Niagara Region, Ontario.
Please note that effective February 12, 2023 mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations are no longer required as per the Niagara Region’s amended COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. As a result, you will not be required to submit verification of your vaccination status before starting employment with the Niagara Region. However, the Niagara Region continues to reserve the right to reintroduce vaccination requirements in the future if necessary to respond to changing public health advice and\or government direction. The Niagara Region continues to strongly encourage everyone to remain up-to-date with vaccinations.
Perform the installation, maintenance, and repair of traffic signal and roadway lighting systems. Execute preventative maintenance programs. Prepare reports and maintain applicable records. Utilize trade certificate during connection of electrical devices. Operate truck over 11,000 kg Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) with special attachments such as aerial devices, according to the Highway Traffic Act, Public Commercial Vehicle Act (PCVA) and Regional guidelines.
- Completion of in-school training required for an Electrician – Construction and Maintenance (309A) apprenticeship (Certificate of Qualification).
- Additional education in electrical/electronic engineering an asset.
- Additional education and training in the operation, installation and maintenance of traffic signal control devices is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, including on the job experience required for an Electrician – Construction and Maintenance (309A) apprenticeship (Certificate of Qualification).
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) certification in Traffic Signals (requires 1 year experience in the installation and maintenance of traffic control devices environment).
- Must possess and maintain a Certificate of Qualification as an Electrician – Construction and Maintenance (309A).
- Must obtain and maintain a Level II, International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Signals certificate.
- Must obtain and maintain Level I, (IMSA) Roadway Lighting certificate.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid Infrastructure Health & Safety Association (IHSA) certificate for Electrical Utility Safety Rules, Electrical Safety – High Voltage, Hydraulic Aerial Equipment, and Rescue Techniques.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid certificate for W.H.M.I.S., First Aid, and C.P.R., Materials Handling and Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
- Must have a proficient knowledge of the Ontario Traffic Manual (OTM), Occupational Health & Safety Act, and the Highway Traffic Act (HTA).
- Must possess sound knowledge of electronics.
- Must possess sound knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Intermediate knowledge, experience and skills in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) is required.
- Working knowledge of and competency in traffic’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (e.g. AssetWorks & Cityworks AMS) is preferred.
- Must be competent in operating tools and equipment related to the maintenance of traffic signal infrastructure and roadway lighting electrical systems.
- Must be able to work at elevated heights in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints, contract drawings & specifications, and operational manuals.
- Must possess proficient PLC skills.
- Must participate in on-going aerial bucket evacuation training.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted specified licence for the class of the vehicle operated (DZ class). If not currently DZ licenced, may be considered, subject to becoming class DZ licenced within a specified period of time.
- Must work without direct supervision.
- Must be willing and able to perform emergency maintenance on a callout and scheduled stand-by basis.
- Must be willing and able to take additional training as required.
- Frequent travel within the Niagara region is required to perform the job duties.
This position is subject to overtime and standby, including weekends.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply: https://careers.niagararegion.ca/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/PSFT_HR/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U
If you require an accommodation for the application process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the alternate formats for contacting us are as follows:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 905-980-6000 or 1-800-263-7215
- Bell Relay: 1-800-855-0511
- In-person: Sir Isaac Brock Way, Thorold, ON L2V 4T7 – Human Resources Department
|Job Category||Electrician, Traffic Signal|