Employer: Colorado Department of Transportation
Location: 2025 Commercial Blvd Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Salary: $5,015.00 – $5,678.00 Monthly
About the Work Unit
This position is part of the Region 2 Traffic and Safety Operations Unit. This unit is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairs to all signalization, highway lighting, warning lights, communications and ITS devices within the Region. The position performs skilled lead work as a Colorado licensed journeyman level in areas such as construction, installations, programming and repair of traffic control devices.
About the Position
The position will install and repair all roadway lighting, building wiring and associated equipment.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Install, maintain, repair, and inspect traffic control devices and systems including, but not limited to: traffic signals, flashing beacons, and lighting;
• Determine emergency troubleshooting and repair of traffic signals and traffic control devices;
• Verify signal programming and operate the regional traffic signal system, including hardware and software;
• Serve as lead worker on projects, including scheduling, coordinating, delegating, and supervising the work crew for the job and ensuring quality, quantity, and timeliness for the completion of the job while maintaining a safe work environment;
• Operate equipment such as aerial device, backhoe, loader, trencher, concrete saw, and other specialized equipment, hand tools, and power tools;
• Respond 24/7 to emergencies involving signalized intersections, roadway lighting and interchanges, and other CDOT electrical emergencies
Current, valid licensure as a journeyman electrician from the Colorado Electrical Board.
Please apply at:
|Job Category||Electrician, Traffic Signal|