City of Springfield
Closes: Sunday, June 11, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Development & Public Works: Operations Division
Exempt, Full Benefits
*Benefit enrolled employees and dependents have access to a FREE, on-site health and wellness center.
**Position includes generous medical package to include $1,200 health reimbursement account, sick leave, vacation, holidays, gym membership, and participation in Oregon Public Employee’s Retirement (PERS).
Applicants will be considered based on their qualifications for the following positions:
- Engineer-In-Training/Fundamentals of Engineering: Grade C42, $29.45- $41.23/ hour
- Professional Civil Engineer I: Grade C43, $31.58- $44.21/hour
- Professional Civil Engineer II: Grade C44, $34.25- $47.95/ hour
Salary dependent on qualifications and based on State of Oregon defined bona fide factors in accordance with Oregon’s Pay Equity Act.
*Relocation reimbursement for actual costs up to $5,000 may be available if incumbent is relocating greater than 100 miles.
The City of Springfield is looking for an Engineer-In-Training/Fundamentals of Engineering, or a Professional Civil Engineer I, or a Professional Civil Engineer II to perform engineering projects which are typically traffic and transportation oriented and will include transportation related elements of wastewater and stormwater construction projects such as temporary traffic control, restoration, or improvement of permanent traffic controls. Projects are quite varied and range from multimillion dollar new and rehabilitation of streets to small traffic operational improvements. Dependent on the successful incumbent’s qualifications, duties may include:
- Prepares, reviews and updates engineering and construction design specifications and drawings during project delivery
- Participates in the development and implementation of public works infrastructure requirements and standards relating to streets, traffic control, and other aspects of public and private construction
- Project management and construction inspection
- Electrical design of streetlights and services, traffic signals, communication systems, and related appurtenances
- Application of Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) to public streets, and design and inspection of devices used
- Ability to efficiently procure materials and services for traffic related activities and programs
- Conducts studies and investigations, and prepares documentation ranging from brief notes to multipage reports
- Effectively communicate and work with multiple stakeholders from public agencies, private businesses, residents, and visitors to our city
If you would like to learn more about these positions, please click here: Civil-Engineer-Series.pdf (springfield-or.gov)
- Engineer In-Training/FE (C42): Bachelor’s degree in traffic, civil, or electrical engineering from an accredited college or university and one (1) year of experience working in engineering design, construction, surveying, inspections, or a related field.
- Civil Engineer I (C43): Bachelor’s degree in traffic, civil, or electrical engineering from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of experience working in engineering design, construction, surveying, inspections, or a related field.
- Civil Engineer II (C44): Bachelor’s degree in traffic, civil, or electrical engineering from an accredited college or university and seven (7) years of experience working in engineering design, construction, surveying, inspections, or a related field.
- Engineer In-Training: Engineer-In-Training requires certification as an Engineer-in-Training/ Fundamentals of Engineering in the United States
- Civil Engineer I and II: Registration as a Professional Traffic, Civil, or Electrical Engineer (PE) in the State of Oregon or registered as a PE in another state with the ability to obtain Oregon registration within twelve (12) months of appointment.
- Valid Driver’s License in the State of Oregon.
Selection and Interview Process:
Top candidates will be invited to interview.
As a part of our selection process, it will be necessary for candidates to provide the names and email addresses of up to five professional references (including two managers) that can provide information on work performance. To avoid any delay in the process, we ask candidates to start gathering reference information now (name, email address, contact info and time period you worked together). Additional information regarding reference checking will be emailed to candidates at a later date through the SkillSurvey Pre-Hire 360 system.
The selection process will include: reference checks and criminal background check.
All testing and selection processes will be done in accordance with the Oregon Veteran’s Preference in Public Employment Law.
Please do not indicate ‘See Resume’ in the ‘Work Experience’ part of the application. The information you provide in the application ‘Work Experience’ and ‘Job Duties’ will be used to determine if you will proceed to the next phase in the selection process. Information related to education and experience must be verifiable on your application to be given credit.
NOTE: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
The City of Springfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at https://www.springfield-or.gov/city/human-resources/careers/ to learn more about this job posting and how to apply.