Field Applications Engineer Position Available
Company: Altitude Signal, LLC
Location: Las Vegas Metropolitan Area
Employment Type: Full-Time
Interested applicants should send their resume including contact information to email@example.com
Altitude Signal is looking to grow our team with an IMSA Level II or Level III Traffic Signal Technician working as our Southern Nevada-based Field Applications Engineer (FAE). Our FAEs help manage equipment installations, provide technical support and help ensure the highest level of customer success with our products. The Southern Nevada FAE will work throughout Nevada and Utah and is expected to travel around 4-8 days per month. This position operates under limited supervision and will be a major part of our customer-first strategy. Residence is required within Clark County, Nevada. Relocation assistance is available.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help customers set up and deploy traffic signal controllers, cabinets, detection systems, and other ITS products
- Troubleshoot ITS equipment in person as well as remotely
- Train customers on newly purchased products
- Check-in with customers after product installations to ensure proper functionality
- Conduct regular customer site visits to troubleshoot, update products, and strengthen customer relationships
- Help identify new business opportunities, promote products and increase customer satisfaction
- Manage RMAs including submitting requests from customers to suppliers, retrieving and shipping, and updating customers on status
- Observe all common safety practices associated with tools, equipment and work environment
We expect our FAEs to be extremely responsive to coworker/customer requests and proactive in reaching out to, updating, and assisting our customers. When a support request is received, our FAE will generally be expected to follow the 1-24 rule: respond within one hour, have a resolution (or follow-up) within 24 hours.
As a growing company, it is expected that our team is flexible in their position. During downtime with limited technical support issues, our FAE will need to be proactive in customer support and growing our reach. Activities could include creating documentation on products, checking-in with customers, and other activities beneficial towards our growth.
Minimum Job Requirements
• High school degree or GED plus five years’ experience in signal installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
• IMSA Traffic Signal Technician Level II. Preference for IMSA Traffic Signal Senior Field Technician Level III
• Experience with traffic signal controllers, NEMA traffic cabinets, detection systems as well as advanced traffic management systems. Preference for applicants with previous experience configuring Trafficware controllers, ATMS, or GRIDSMART detection systems
• Team-focused work ethic that focuses on problem solving, patience, and flexibility
Travel is expected on an as-needed basis. It is estimated that our FAE will travel out-of-state around one week/month (five nights.) This is an estimate as some months may require more or less travel depending on job requirements. Out-of-state travel will be limited to the six states we cover: CO, ID, NV, MT, UT, and WY, but will be primarily limited to Nevada and Utah. During initial training, travel should be expected at a higher rate.
|Job Category||Engineering, Traffic Signal|