The City of Mesa is a great place to work! In addition to competitive salaries, the City also has a generous amount of other benefits available. For more information, please see our website: http://mesaaz.gov/benefits/
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Communications Specialist
An Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Communications Specialist performs skilled technical work in the installation, maintenance, repair, modification, and testing of fiber optic and wireless communications equipment related accessories; Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras; Dynamic Message Signs, and other ITS devices. Work is performed in accordance with departmental rules and regulations. This class is also responsible for performing related work as required.
This class is supervised by the ITS Network/Communications Administrator who reviews work through meetings, reports, and observations of work in progress or upon completion. Employees in this class are subject to stand-by duty.
This class is FLSA nonexempt.
Please refer to the link below for the full job description and additional information regarding assignments, preferred qualifications, and essential functions.
Link to Job Description: http://apps.mesaaz.gov/jobdescriptions/Documents/JobDescriptions/cs4752.pdf
Employee Values: All employees of the City of Mesa are expected to uphold and exhibit the City’s shared employee values of Knowledge, Respect, and Integrity.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Electronics or related field.
- Considerable (3 – 5 years) experience in the installation and maintenance of communications systems. Must have basic knowledge of Personal Computer (PC) operations.
- Fiber optic communications experience, IMSA Level III Traffic Signal Technician Certification, IMSA/FOA CFOT R(Certified Fiber Optic Technician) or ETA FOI (Fiber Optics Installer) certification preferred.
- Must possess a valid Class D Arizona Driver’s License by hire date.
- Must possess the following within one year of hire: 1) Certification in Fiber Optic Cable Splicing, Testing, and Termination (from a continuing education provider, telecommunications carrier, or fiber optic cable supplier), and 2) International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Level II Traffic Signal Technician Certification.
Substance Abuse Testing:
- Due to the safety and/or security sensitive nature of this classification, individuals shall be subject to pre-employment or pre-placement alcohol, drug and/or controlled substance testing as outlined in City policy and procedures.
City of Mesa offers a competitive benefits package. A CITY OF MESA ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Applications available 1/01/21 and must apply by 12/31/21. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as we will review applications as they are received. For complete job description, requirements and online application form, please visit our web site at: Click Here
City of Mesa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Job Category||Electrician, Fiber Optics, Traffic Signal|