Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Operations Foreman
($57,052.54 – $80,329.60 Annually)
Under general direction, an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Operations Foreman supervises technicians who install, maintain, and repair traffic signals and related components; performs related work as required.
The ITS Operations Foreman is distinguished from the ITS Technician II class by the performance of full supervisory responsibility and greater technical knowledge. The incumbent determines equipment needs and orders materials and supplies and has project management and contract administration responsibility. The incumbent researches and composes specifications for ITS equipment and hardware and participates in preparing budget preparation. The ITS Operations Foreman reports to the ITS Operations Supervisor. Work is subject to stand-by and call-out during off-duty hours.
This class is FLSA nonexempt.
Employee Values: All employees of the City of Mesa are expected to uphold and exhibit the City’s shared employee values of Knowledge, Respect, and Integrity.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Graduation from high school or GED
- Any combination of training, education, or experience equivalent to extensive (5+ years) traffic signal maintenance experience, including a minimum of 6 months of lead or supervisory experience
- Or an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (or educational equivalent) with considerable (3 – 5 years) experience in traffic signal maintenance, including a minimum of 6 months of lead or supervisory experience
- Must possess a valid Class D Arizona Driver’s License by hire date
- Must possess an International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Level II Traffic Signal Technician Certification (Electronic or Electrical), IMSA Traffic Signal Inspection Certification, a current IMSA Work Zone Temporary Traffic Control Technician Certification, or a current American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA) Traffic Control Technician Certification
- Must live within a twenty-mile radius of the intersection of Main Street and Greenfield Road within one year after date of employment.
Substance Abuse Testing: Due to the safety and/or security sensitive nature of this classification, individuals shall be subject to pre-employment or pre-placement alcohol, drug and/or controlled substance testing as outlined in City policy and procedures.
- Experience in maintaining microprocessor-based instruments, broad knowledge of traffic signal operations, pre-empt devices, and communications equipment
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and Advanced Traffic Control (ATC) controllers
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s degree in Electronics/Electrical Technology
- IMSA Traffic Signal Senior Field Technician Level III and Traffic Signal Design/Engineering Technician Level II Certification is highly desirable
City of Mesa offers a competitive benefits package. A CITY OF MESA ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Applications are available as of 08/07/2020 with continuous review of applications until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as we will review applications as they are received. For complete job description, requirements and online application form, please visit our web site at: Click Here
City of Mesa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Job Category||Electrician, Inspector, Traffic Signal|