The City of Mesa is a great place to work! In addition to competitive salaries, the City also has a generous amount of other benefits available. For more information, please see our website: http://mesaaz.gov/benefits/
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Network Engineer
Under general supervision, the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Network Engineer provides skilled technical services in support of installation, configuration, testing, integration, and ongoing support for ITS applications or infrastructure requiring an in-depth knowledge of the ITS workgroup’s platforms and environment.
This class assists the ITS Network/Communications Administrator with managing the ITS network, servers and workstations, fiber optic infrastructure, etc.; implementing network/user security (anti-virus software, security applications, password policies); managing the design, operations, and maintenance of closed-circuit television cameras, dynamic message signs, and detectors; and performing database management include backing up the database systems and evaluating system functionality.
Specific duties include:
- Performing work on multiple assignments simultaneously such as configuration, integration, development, testing, and resolution of problems for systems
- Assisting with research, evaluation, and implementation of new technologies and/or packaged software
- Installing and supporting hardware and/or software
- Preparing and/or updating system documentation
- Controlling changes in system environments to ensure stable and reliable delivery of computer resources
- Developing and analyzing data for problem resolution and strategic planning
- Implementing, maintaining, and monitoring systems and their related subsystems
- Participating in projects and/or leading small- to medium-scale projects and activities related to ITS computer systems, data, and infrastructure
- Planning, analyzing, designing, implementing, coordinating, and scheduling processes, procedures, and strategies for systems that function or communicate across multiple platforms
- Supporting computing processes executed across multiple platforms and/or networks (both internal and external)
- Utilizing monitoring, forecasting, trend analysis, and/or reporting tools
- This class performs other related work as required
An employee of this class provides expert technical services in support of installation, configuration, testing, integration, and ongoing support for ITS applications, network peripherals and remote access to the ITS Network. Work is performed under the general direction of the ITS Engineer or the ITS Network/Communications Administrator who makes assignments and reviews work for compliance with standards as well as end results achieved.
This class is FLSA exempt-computer-professional.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, such as Engineering
- Considerable (3 – 5 years) computer systems experience in at least one of the following technical support areas: Applications, Database, Desktop, GIS, Network, Security, Server, or Web Support
City of Mesa offers a competitive benefits package. A CITY OF MESA ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Applications available 12/25/20 and must apply by 12/31/21. For complete job description, requirements and online application form, please visit our web site at: Click Here
City of Mesa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Job Category||Engineering, Fiber Optics|