Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Technician
MoboTrex, Inc. Sioux City, IA
HR@mobotrex.com (512) 521-3799
MoboTrex has an opportunity to join our growing organization as a full-time ITS Technician. The ITS Technician is responsible for executing the MoboTrex service activities including answering technical questions on the phone, performing field service on both time and material contracts and annual maintenance and testing agreements, turn-on assistance and system integration. The ITS Technician may assist engineers with application engineering and estimating.
MoboTrex offers a positive culture where no matter an employee’s position in the company, everyone’s unique expertise contributes to our success. We engineer, manufacture, and sell a wide range of standard and custom traffic control products across America.
MoboTrex offers competitive pay, full benefits 1st of month after hire date, 401K with employer match, and an enjoyable work environment
The ideal candidate will be located in and able to work in the regions of northwest Iowa (Sioux City, IA) to eastern South Dakota (Sioux Falls, SD. ) This position will report to a Manager in our corporate office in Davenport, Iowa.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain a superior understanding of ITS technology, field devices and the tools and methods used to deploy them in the field.
2. Conduct cabinet and system turn-ons.
3. Perform annual cabinet maintenance and CMU/MMU testing.
4. Perform on-site time and material service.
5. Lead, coordinate and execute on-site work for large scale integration projects with multiple technicians. Represent the Company on-site and make decisions.
6. Provide informal on-site training for ATMS systems, controllers and other traffic field devices.
7. Mentor other Company technical resources as assigned. Identify and recommend opportunities for mentoring and be aware of the needs defined by the Company.
8. Help prepare estimates and preliminary proposals.
9. Perform Traffic Cabinet Alternations according to a pre-engineered design/customer requests.
10. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have knowledge of the fundamentals of electronics and IT
• Must posses project management and problem solving skills
• Must be objective and have excellent communication skills
• Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and under pressure
• Must be reliability, self-confident, and highly organized
• Must be able to maintain an excellent driving record
• Must be Customer Service Oriented
• Must be able to read and understand construction design plans
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be able to verbally communicate clearly (regularly talk and hear), read at a distance and close to eyes with or without correction. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift up to lifting up to 50 lbs. Up to 65% travel is required and on occasion may drive up to 8 hours in one work day. Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
Education and/or Experience
The ITS Technician must have earned am Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Electronic Engineering Technology or a related field. Must have 2+ years of related field service experience. Must be able to attain IMSA Level 2 or higher certification within one year of employment.
MoboTrex is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. MoboTrex requires pre-employment drug testing and a background check.
To apply, please click here.