Ada County Highway District (ACHD) in Boise, Idaho is now accepting application for two (2) Traffic Signal Inspectors. This is a full time, non-exempt position with a starting wage of $21.58 – $24.81 per hour, DOQ. This position works 4-10’s; Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Traffic Signal Inspectoris responsible for the inspection of all new traffic signal installations and ensures compliance with all electrical codes, District standards and specifications, and MUTCD requirements for signals, signs, and pavement markings.
- The individual duties will include: reviewing plan documents to assure accuracy prior to signal construction, participate in pre-construction meetings; inspects the construction of traffic signal builds; prepares technical data for contract changes, reviews change orders and overrun justification; coordinates resolution of engineering, utility work, and safety problems; and prepares a complete final project report with recommendation of acceptance or rejection.
- This position requires considerable knowledge in all aspects of traffic signal installations and operations including wiring, trenching, conduit runs, junction boxes and concrete work. Must have knowledge in the National Electrical Code, MUTCD, ACHD, and ITD requirements pertaining to traffic signal installations.
- Requires an active Idaho Journeyman Electrical License and a valid Idaho driver’s license
- College level courses in electronic technology or a related field are preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., November 17, 2020. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St.; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at Click Here.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
|Job Category||Electrician, Inspector, Traffic Signal|