Senior Traffic Engineering & Solutions Manager- Sugar Land, Texas.
Trafficware/Cubic Corporation is looking for a Senior Traffic Engineering & Solutions Manager for Sugar Land, Texas. This position will be operating in both the front and back end of a Traffic Solution Project working the solutions from bid proposals to implementation. Will be responsible for leading a blended team of professional engineers and technicians and will focus on the execution and full implementation and maintenance phases of traffic control and ITS projects. This role helps create best-in-class service, delivering projects and services on time and to the customer’s specifications and requirements. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as Project Manager on enterprise level projects, or those projects requiring close supervision.
- Coordinate comprehensive handover and assignment of the project to the Traffic Engineers and Technicians
- Manages traffic engineering staff, ensuring that they have proper tools, training and experience to do their jobs.
- Oversees critical customer issues and ensures satisfactory and timely resolution.
- Plans and evaluates traffic system design and performance and identifies technical risks and associated ways to mitigate those risks.
- Responds to customer system requirements documents and works with traffic engineering and product management to ensure system requirements are satisfied.
- Supports the Business Development team throughout the life cycle of the capture, bid, and proposal processes ensuring that the bid and proposal process is planned, delivered and submitted in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinates with Department Leader to produce high quality, competitive responses, proposals, and solutions from interest to submission for a wide range of opportunities.
- Assist with the delivery of bid submissions to critical deadlines, adhering to the governance requirements of the business.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related technical discipline
- 10+ years’ experience in the transportation or traffic operations sector, traffic control equipment, traffic management software systems, and traffic operations field experience.
- 3+ years leadership/supervisory experience including bid management and/or proposal management process
- Proven track record of management of multi-disciplinary teams including senior personnel.
- Ability to effectively interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors, and deal with employees and managers at all levels both within and outside of the engineering organization.
- In depth knowledge of customer needs and competing products.
- Must be able to work under project deadline pressures, and associated cost and schedule constraints.
- Experience of delivering complex technical engineering solutions and products to market, especially in a high technology, global, and/or transportation organization.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to react quickly to a changing landscape.
- An effective communicator, verbally and on paper.
- Resilient with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and capable of working effectively under pressure to immovable deadlines.
- Customer focused, enthusiastic and flexible with an ability to find solutions to problems.
|Job Category||Engineering, Traffic Signal|