Senior Transportation Engineering Technician
Please apply at: Click Here
Salary Range from: $50,840 – $73,685 DOQ
Be sure to include your resume.
The Transportation Engineering Technician, Senior, provides technical support for the traffic engineering efforts of the City, including various types of traffic analysis, operations of various transportation systems, and developing construction plans for traffic signals and roadway improvements.
- Responds to traffic signal timing complaints and hardware malfunctions from citizens, developers, and others. Investigates and responds to citizens and others regarding complaints and inquiries concerning transportation related issues.
- Places equipment and retrieves data from microprocessor traffic counting equipment; performs computer data entry; collects and compiles data for traffic studies; collects data and coordinates the production of the annual traffic flow map and other assigned projects.
- Serves as primary lead for the traffic count program as assigned; performs radar speed surveys, machine traffic volume counts, manual vehicle turning counts, pedestrian gap studies, travel time, speed, and delay studies using appropriate electronic or manual counting equipment as well as video cameras; deploys a radar speed trailer as directed.
- Designs and develops proposed and existing signalized traffic intersection construction plans; inspects completed projects throughout the City as needed.
- Develops graphics displays, ArcView mapping projects, and presentations using GIS and other software.
To review the full job description to plano.gov/jobs, click on Join Team Plano and search for job opening 221040.
Please contact Kim Kreidler, Senior Human Resources Analyst, with any questions at email@example.com
|Job Category||Electrician, Engineering, Traffic Signal|