Posting For: City of London
Position: Senior Transportation Technologist
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
File #: COL01156
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
Reports to the Division Manager. Acts under the direction of a Professional Engineer to coordinate the planning, administration, project management, approval, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of various long-range plans, policies, technical studies, designs, agreements, and applications relating to transportation planning, traffic signal control systems, traffic operations and street lighting.
- Three year Transportation/Traffic Engineer Technology Diploma or a Three year Civil Engineering Technology Diploma which includes transportation and traffic related training.
- Over five years’ related experience.
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- Member of the Ontario Certified Engineering Technician and Technologist (OACETT) as a Certified Engineering Technologist.
- International Municipal Signal Association Level 1 and 2 Certification.
- Demonstrated proficiency in wordprocessing, spreadsheets and various software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s Licence – Class G.
- Working knowledge in Occupational Health and Safety Act, Municipal Act, Planning Act, Highway Traffic Act and the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
$59,744 – $86,836 (Level 16)
This position is currently under review. This position is for Traffic Engineering.
Current hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
These hours of work are subject to change in accordance with the Collective Agreement and may include evening hours and Saturdays.
How to Apply:
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at www.london.ca/mycareer
Please note following the interview stage, a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday, December 7, 2022.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.