King County Department of Local Services – Road Services Division (Seattle, WA) has an excellent opportunity for you to be part of local government! We are looking for a hard-working Sign and Marking Specialist II. Oursuccessful candidate will be a highly motivated team player who has experience installing, maintaining and repairing traffic signs, pavement markings and roadway striping applications for roadways within all of unincorporated King County and contracted Cities and Municipalities.This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in our community!
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have experience in sign and marking installation experience OR a combination of skills and experiences;
- Have knowledge of and will adhere to federal, state and county safety procedures for construction, road maintenance, or other heavy manual labor areas (fall protection, confined space, hazardous materials);
- Have effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on collaboration, working as a team with the ability to be an independent thinker who looks for new ways to solve problems and have a continuous improvement mindset;
- Understand the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and can read maps and drawings;
- Can prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
- Are comfortable performing work outdoors and in inclement weather.
If you are interested in, and qualified for this opportunity, apply online Click Here. If you have questions about the recruitment process, feel free to contact Megan Rulien at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-263-8150.
|Job Category||Signs & Pavement Markings|