This is skilled work in the maintenance and repair of traffic signalized lights, streetlights, pedestrian crossing apparatus, radar speed signs, and all components related to the operation and maintenance of lighting systems.
• Installs, Maintains and Repairs Traffic Signals
• Reads blueprints and wiring charts
• Installs and maintains aerial traffic signal equipment
• Performs traffic signal controller cabinet maintenance and cleaning
• Repairs and replaces vehicle detectors & pedestrian detectors
• Installs, maintains & tests video equipment used to monitor traffic and detect vehicles
• Installs conduit above and below ground
• Programs and tests traffic signal controllers
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or its equivalent and two (2) years with electronics and/or electrical devices. Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License. Must have or receive a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class “B” License within six (6) months from date of hire – (will not pass probationary period if not completed). This position will require an IMSA Level I and II Certification within three (3) years of employment.
Preferred Qualifications: Possession of IMSA Certifications Level I & II or Journeymen Electrician and Work Zone Safety preferred. Prior electrical or electronic knowledge or training preferred.
Pay: $17.78 (Step 1)
Apply here: https://scgov.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SCGOV/details/Signal-Electrician_R14343
|Job Category||Electrician, Traffic Signal|