Streets and Traffic Operations Manager
$74,791.83 – $95,359.65 Annually
Public Works & Engineering
Under general supervision, manages all activities, operations, and finances for the Streets and Traffic divisions.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and implements maintenance and repair programs for streets, sidewalks, alleys, pavement markings, signs, signals, and street lighting; conducts inspections.
- Manages various projects to include CIP and maintenance projects; coordinates and meets with other departments, contractors, consultants, and the public.
- Submits invoices and credit card justifications for payment, purchase award recommendations, purchase order requests, and other reports; purchases equipment, materials, and tools; manages assigned budgets.
- Creates spreadsheets, word documents, construction estimates, maps, schedules, agenda items, traffic control plans, and bid documents, tabulations, and specifications.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls both during and after normal work hours.
- Manages assigned personnel; attends and participates in various meetings as required.
- Reviews plans, specifications, bids, and other administrative paperwork as needed.
- Serves as a Town representative and responds to questions and concerns.
- May be asked to perform additional job duties that are directly, indirectly or completely unrelated to normal job functions in the course of presenting certain Town special events.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience Guidelines
High school diploma or GED equivalent; AND five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in construction or streets maintenance project management which includes some previous supervisory experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with fellow employees, Town officials, and outside contracts. Safe driving record. Clear criminal background check and clear pre-employment drug screen.
- Project management practices and methods.
- Supervisory principles and practices.
- Applicable local, State, and Federal laws, codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- Uniform traffic control devices.
- Work safety practices.
- Reading and interpreting detailed construction plans and specifications.
- Developing, implementing, and managing budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Texas Driver’s License is required. Work Zone Traffic Control Class is required. IMSA Level 1 Signs and Markings and IMSA Level I Traffic Signal Technician within one year of employment.
This is an exempt position; incumbent will be expected to work whatever hours are necessary to complete responsibilities.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment and throughout the Town while conducting inspections and visiting work sites. Work may require moderate physical exertion and exposure to potentially dangerous tools, chemicals, equipment, and machinery. May involve limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
This job description is not an employment agreement, contract agreement, or contract. Management has exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
The Town of Addison is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision
****CLICK HERE TO APPLY****
Town of Addison
Public Works & Engineering
16801 Westgrove DriveAddison, Texas, 75001
|Job Category||Traffic Signal, Traffic Systems|