Public Works – Transportation
One (1) position, Regular Full-Time
Reporting to the Supervisor of Traffic Signals & Streetlighting, duties will include:
• Design and review PHM-125 legal traffic signal drawings & design and review street lighting drawings ensuring to meet the current photometric standards
• Review and provide comments on traffic signal and street lighting submissions through the EA process
• Prepare and review contract documentation and drawings for traffic signal and street lighting tenders
• Coordinate active transportation traffic signal and street lighting initiatives
• Oversee and evaluate the level of service of the traffic signal operations
• Oversee/conduct travel time studies to evaluate the traffic signal coordination
• Respond to inquiries from the public or Council related to traffic signal and street lighting concerns
• Research and prepare recommendations regarding new technologies and procedures for traffic signals or street lighting
• Prepare technical reports for senior staff and Council
• Direct electrical and maintenance contractors in the undertaking of all traffic signal and street lighting related works
• Ensure work is completed within established guidelines and standards (i.e. HTA, OTM Book 12…), on time and on budget
• Assist Project Managers with managing consultants in undertaking the design and construction works for traffic signal and street lighting related capital projects
• Maintain traffic signal and street lighting design drawing updates using MicroStation
• Work in conjunction with other agencies on transit signal initiatives
• Participate in Region wide ITS initiatives
• Work in partnerships with the other municipalities to oversee that various traffic signal and street lighting maintenance and operations agreements are adhered to
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary education in Transportation Civil Engineering Technology or related field
• Certifications in IMSA Traffic Signs Level II and Traffic Signals Level II considered an asset
• Working experience and practical knowledge of traffic signals, street lighting designs and construction
• Experience working within a municipal setting is considered an asset
• Strong grasp on the relevant legislation related to the industry including regulations, standards, and design principles
• Advanced computer skills including proficiency in MS Office, AGI 32 Street Lighting, Synchro and Microstation
• Superior project management skills with ability to problem solve with minimal direction
• Polished interpersonal, communication and public relations skills
• Must have valid “G” class driver’s license and have access to your own vehicle
• Team player with ability to build and sustain positive working relationships
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly online here.
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton along with the ability to work remotely, as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are committed to supporting community recovery from COVID-19. This plan will follow a phased approach that is guided by Public Health and Ontario’s Framework for reopening. Get details
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm; Monday-Friday
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees who commence employment on or after October 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
|Job Category||Roadway Lighting, Traffic Signal|