The role of the Technical Support Professional II is to provide world-class technical support for Econolite’s Traffic Controller, Detection, and Cabinet products to Econolite’s Field Support Representatives, Account Managers, and Channel Partners. The Technical Support Professional will also be accountable for timely and comprehensive responses to Econolite sales and field personnel so that customers are provided with the best support experience possible. This candidate should be trained in and have practical work experience with Econolite’s Controller, Detection, and Cabinet products.
• Provide hands-on technical support for Econolite’s Traffic Controller, Cabinet, and Detection products.
• Analyze, document, investigate, and resolve customer issues, while ensuring timely customer communication and managing customer expectations.
• Follow customer support policies and procedures and keep the database of customer tickets constantly updated and refreshed.
• Work closely with Econolite’s sales and distributor personnel, including Account Managers and Field Service Representatives, providing them all the necessary technical assistance and helping in the evaluation of product specifications and applications engineering.
• Assist with internal and external Traffic Controller/Cabinet/Detection product training.
• Provide inputs on the development of Application Notes, Technical Bulletins, and Technical Manuals.
Some business travel within the United States should be expected.
• A technical degree, preferably in Civil (transportation) or Electrical Engineering, or evidence of equivalent relevant technical experience
• 5+ years of experience in the installation and troubleshooting of traffic management systems and equipment
• Hands-on experience in the configuration and use of traffic controllers, including traffic operations and signal timing
• Knowledge of different traffic cabinet configurations and system topologies
• Experience in testing and troubleshooting software and hardware products, documenting issues, and getting them resolved
• Excellent customer relationship skills, and written/verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of IP networking, network devices like routers and switches, and networking tools is a plus
• Experience with different operating systems (Linux, VxWorks, Windows) is a plus
• IMSA certification and/or cabinet-level technical experience is highly desirable
The base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year plus benefits. Salary ranges are determined by various factors, including role, experience, and location. The salary range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position. Within the range, actual individual compensation is determined by various factors, including location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V – Non-Smoking Facility – Drug Free Workplace
|Job Category||Traffic Systems|