City of Pensacola
Organization: City of Pensacola
Department: Public Works
Pay Range: $17.31-$29.58 hourly dependent on knowledge and experience
Application Link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pensacola/jobs/3992531/traffic-electrical-control-technician-iii?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
This is a highly specialized work in troubleshooting, repair, installation, and maintenance of modern traffic signals and their associated control, detection, communication, and display systems. Work on other traffic related equipment, components, and streetlights is also performed. Some of components are high voltage.
An employee in this class gives technical guidance and instructions to the Traffic/Electrical Control Technicians I and II. This employee is under the general supervision of the Traffic/Electrical Control Supervisor, but the employee has some latitude for the exercise of judgment and improvisation of methods. Work performance is evaluated through attained results.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent; and
- Five (5) years of traffic signal and street light repair, maintenance, or construction experience or commercial/industrial grade electrical experience.
- Combination of education, training, and/or work experience equal to or higher than the requirements listed above as determined by Human Resources.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Possession of an appropriate driver license for equipment operated and any license, training or certification required by law or regulation to complete assigned tasks.
- Must satisfy all requirements to acquire and maintain an International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Level 2 Traffic Signal Technician Certification.
- Possession of valid Journeyman Electrician License preferred.
|Job Category||Electrician, Traffic Signal|