The City of Evanston in Evanston, Illinois is currently looking for a Traffic Electrician to join our team!
Please visit our website to view the full job posting: Click Here
For more information please feel free to contact Human Resources at (847) 448-8244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NAUTRE OF WORK
This is highly skilled work involving the maintenance and repair of traffic signal intersections and streetlights. Work involves replacing, repairing and maintaining electro-mechanical, electronic and solid-state traffic signal equipment and fixtures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Specific assignment will include some or all of the following):
- Reviews traffic engineering diagrams, technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics; repairs or replaces existing traffic signal poles, overhead or underground wiring, traffic controllers, traffic signal devices according to State and City electrical codes, and traffic control regulations.
- Adjusts, maintains, and repairs electronic or electro-mechanical traffic controllers according to traffic engineering requirements; uses voltmeter, amp meter, and other test equipment to diagnose problems and make repairs; reads and interprets technical manuals; repairs, replaces malfunctioning parts.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- Must possess high school diploma, GED, or higher and must possess three (3) or more years of electrical construction or repair experience with traffic signals, traffic signal controllers and streetlights.
- Must possess a valid CLD driver’s license, Class B or higher and a safe driving record.
- Must be willing and able to obtain National Incident Management System (NIMS) ICS 100 & 200 and IS 700 certifications within 18 months of employment.
|Job Category||Electrician, Traffic Signal|