The City of Irving has an opening for Traffic Operations Center Specialist to join the Traffic and Transportation department. This position will be responsible to manage and maintain our traffic operations center, traffic signal system, video management system, and ITS communication system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- Monitor and operate the Traffic Operations Center; manage the central traffic signal system Maxview; maintain wireless communications, traffic monitoring cameras, and central video management system.
- Provide traffic engineering support; update traffic count database with counts from the traffic control system; update field inventory database for traffic signal equipment; retrieve information from related department databases.
- Manage citywide traffic signal operations and timings. Manage traffic conditions through signal timing adjustments during regular operations, incident conditions, special events etc. Keep up to date records of signal system database changes, signal phasing and timing plans.
- Respond to citizen calls regarding traffic operations related issues.
- Work with the signal technician staff to prioritize and monitor work to address maintenance issues; provide direction and answer questions; assist with new signal controller programming and activations, traffic signal updates, and traffic network equipment configuration and installation.
- Collect field data used to develop and adjust signal timings, engineering plans, work orders, presentation materials and graphics.
- Develop and maintain Synchro traffic simulation models for signalized intersections.
- Travel to construction sites, meetings, conferences, and training.
- Assist traffic engineers to develop and implement ITS improvement plans for communication infrastructure, smart city initiatives, and connected vehicle applications.
Please click here for complete job description and qualification requirements.
Click here to apply.
|Job Category||Engineering, Traffic Signal|