Traffic Signal Inspector
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Traffic Signal Inspector in the Traffic Operations Department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $21.58 – $24.81 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Traffic Signal Inspectoris responsible for the inspection of all new traffic signal installations and ensures compliance with all electrical codes, District standards and specifications, and MUTCD requirements for signals, signs, and pavement markings.
- The individual duties will include: reviewing plan documents to assure accuracy prior to signal construction, participate in pre-construction meetings; inspects the construction of traffic signal builds; prepares technical data for contract changes, reviews change orders and overrun justification; coordinates resolution of engineering, utility work, and safety problems; and prepares a complete final project report with recommendation of acceptance or rejection.
- This position requires considerable knowledge in all aspects of traffic signal installations and operations including wiring, trenching, conduit runs, junction boxes and concrete work. Must have knowledge in the National Electrical Code, MUTCD, ACHD, and ITD requirements pertaining to traffic signal installations.
- Must have an active Idaho Journeyman Electrical License or able to obtain license within one year
- Requires a valid Idaho driver’s license
- College level courses in electronic technology or a related field are preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., September 16, 2020. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St, Garden City, ID or Click Here.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
|Job Category||Electrician, Inspector|