Move your career in the right direction!
Contribute to our City by joining the Public Works Department as a Traffic Signal Technician. As part of the Traffic Signals and Systems team, your key responsibilities include programming, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical, data and electronic systems for all traffic signals equipment and software throughout the city.
- Red Seal Journeyman Electrician Certification
- FSR B certification with Technical Safety BC
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering Diploma or five years’ experience working with electronic control systems
- IMSA Level II Traffic Signal Technician Certification
- Experience with Econolite controllers, video detection systems, radio and fiber communication systems
- Computer and software expertise
- BC Drivers Licence – Class 5
Grow your career in an organization that supports employee work-life balance and career and professional development. This position is in the IBEW bargaining unit and currently offers an hourly rate of $45.23 (2021 rates) bi-weekly along with a competitive benefits and pension package.
Help create Kelowna as a City of the Future. Our diverse and dynamic team strives to innovate to make things better, work as one team, serve proudly and lead responsibly.
Live, work and play in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities. Kelowna boasts miles of lake access, public areas and outdoor recreation opportunities, a vibrant downtown and cultural scene, healthy and connected neighbourhoods, and a world-renowned College and University. You’re only a quick link to the world via the Kelowna International Airport.
For further information or to apply, please check our website here
Applications must be received by end of day September 15, 2021.
Applicants not contacted within three weeks of the closing date are thanked for their interest
|Job Category||Electrician, Traffic Signal|