|City of Sevierville|
Traffic Control Department
invites applications for the position of:
Traffic Signal Technician/ITS Coordinator
SALARY: $40,751 – Pay Grade 13
OPENING DATE: 09/27/2021 CLOSING DATE: 10/15/2021
The essential function of the position within the organization is to maintain and enhance all city traffic signals and traffic control devices, including related communications and technology equipment. The position works under the general supervision of the Traffic Operations Manager and Traffic Control Supervisor.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Perform traffic signal maintenance and repairs as needed and emergency repairs as needed. Maintenance and repairs include, but are not limited to replacing LED signals, signal head repair, signal cabinet painting and replacement, signal cabinet repair, signal controller programming and replacement, conflict monitor programming and replacement. Many repairs will require the operation of an aerial bucket truck.
- Complete Quarterly Preventative Maintenance of all signalized intersections and make minor repairs as needed during maintenance inspections; maintain all records related to inspections and maintenance of traffic signals.
- Perform Annual Conflict Monitor Testing on all cabinet types in the field.
- Complete monthly warning beacons inspection and repair as needed.
- Interact with the City’s IT department regarding all traffic signal communication issues to maintain the best working communication network possible as well as installing and maintaining communication equipment.
- Provide detailed comments on plans review regarding traffic signal technology items.
- Assist with traffic software organization and maintenance including but not limited to Gridsmart Video Detection Software and Mccain Transparity Central Software.
- Assist with traffic signal project management regarding technology components, from planning through construction.
- Create accurate database storage system to be updated as any changes are made in the field.
- Assist in the creation, evaluation, and operation of the City’s Traffic Responsive Timing System.
- Investigate complaints regarding traffic control device issues; respond to public complaints and make corrections or repairs if necessary.
- Inspect the work of contractors that may have an impact on traffic control devices.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma, GED, or specialized vocational training related to IT or ITS.
- Requires valid Class B Tennessee Commercial Driver’s License within six months of hire date.
- Requires Level II Traffic Signal Technician certification as outlined by International Municipal Signal Association.
- Requires 1-2 years related experience with experience in traffic control management duties and experience using computers.
- Requires light to medium work involving standing or walking some of the time, exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a regular basis, and moderate dexterity in operating machinery, tools, or office equipment.
Regular work schedule is Monday through Friday from 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Please submit application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Traffic Signal Technician” to City of Sevierville, Att: Human Resources, P.O. Box 5500, Sevierville, TN 37864-5500. Applications can be completed on-line at https://www.seviervilletn.org/index.php/public-information/employment/28-job-opportunities/3801-traffic-signal-technician.html. Resumes may be sent by fax to 865-453-5518 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.
|Job Category||ITS, Traffic Signal|