Clark County Public Works looks for people who can grow, think, lead and inspire. We seek leaders, achievers and doers who bring skill, passion and commitment to public service.
Do you want to improve safety and mobility on the road network using technology and good engineering practices? Do you enjoy working with amazing people in a fast-pace environment to deliver on commitments and believe in inclusion?
If so, we invite you to learn more about this challenging role.
As the Traffic Signals Manager for the Public Works Department coming into this role, you will be responsible for the county’s progressive traffic signal and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) program. You will plan, organize and oversee the activities and operations of traffic signal and ITS engineering and operations. Public Works has spent the last 12 years building a world class traffic signal and ITS system. You will continue the trend, pushing the technology to improve safety and mobility for the residents of Clark County.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in civil engineering, traffic engineering, electrical engineering or other related field and/or a combination of experience and specialized training
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in design and operation of traffic signal systems, routed Ethernet networks and ITS systems
- Previous supervisory experience including development and managing of budgets and work plans
- Understanding of traffic signal operations using central systems and adaptive traffic signal operations
- Certification as a Professional Civil Engineer or Professional Electrical Engineer in the State of Washington, or the ability to obtain one of these within six months of hire.
- A valid driver’s license
An online application is required. For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply online, Click Here
Salary Grade: M2.831 ($7,221.00 – $10,201.00) per month
|Job Category||Engineering, Management, Public Works, Traffic Signal|