• Collaborate closely with the Traffic Management Center to assist with addressing field concerns, data collection, testing, and maintaining the signalized traffic system.
• Review signal print plans, engineer plans, and as-built plans.
• Perform contract administration duties such as contract compliance and documentation.
• Interact and communicate with various City departments and staff, vendors, contractors, and members of the public.
• Find additional information in the Traffic System Specialist job description.
• Associate degree in Electronics or related field.
• Three years of microprocessor and electronic traffic signal system controllers bench and field experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Possess, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid California driver’s license.
• Seasoned professional with five years of experience in maintenance, repair, and operation of electronic traffic control signals and equipment.
• Completion of the International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Levels I, II, and III Traffic Signal Certification Program and IMSA Inspection Certification are highly desirable.
• Experience with controller software and inspection of signalized intersections is highly desirable.
• Proven track record of outstanding customer service, situational awareness, and sound judgment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with City staff and external partners such as contract vendors and members of the public.
• Computer literacy with working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems, word processing, and records management.
• Working knowledge of key regulations at the local, state, and federal levels, such as California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CA MUTCD), Work Area Traffic Control Handbook (WATCH), and California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) regulations.
To be considered for this and other positions, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/irvine, for more information and to apply.
|Job Category||Traffic Systems|