Starting Salary: $ 19.67-$21.52
Primary office location: 2004 Old Timbers Dr
This is a Safety Sensitive Position
Our mission: To provide customers with high quality, low cost trustworthy service.
Who we are: The primary objectives of Field Services- Traffic is to conduct operations consistent with an established maintenance plan and regulatory requirements that ensures a clearly defined flow of vehicle traffic and pedestrian access within Edmond city limits.
About the position:
- Assist with day-to-day schedules, maintenance and repair of the city’s traffic signals, street light system, signs and pavement markers.
- Perform locates to the cities signal systems, repair faults and record data.
- Drive city vehicle (bucket trucks) to job location and repair or assist in determining what, if any, work needs to be done.
- Work with voltages as high as 480 vac.
- Work may be on a ladder or climbing poles.
- Max bucket truck working height could be as high as 50 feet.
Advantages and Benefits:
- Your work has a direct, impact on the Edmond community.
- You get to work in a diverse, collaborative environment on a variety of projects!
- Besides a safe, stable, learning environment, you get a generous benefits package for our health, vision, dental, and wellbeing.
- We have a dedicated, on-site, medical clinic that is no cost to employees and covered dependents for the services and Rx they provide.
- We earn time off for vacation and sick leave; we have paid holidays, longevity, and retirement for our future.
- Our pay period is every two weeks.
- Annual step increases based upon performance.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- High school degree or GED equivalent, plus 2 years of related training and or experience for Tech I or 3 years related training or experience for Tech II , or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Divers License and a Driving record acceptable to the City’s Insurance carrier.
- Must possess the following International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Certifications:
- Roadway Lighting Level I
- Signs and Markings Level I
- Traffic Signal Level I and II (Field and Construction.
- Work Zone
- Must be able to adapt to and learn ever changing technology.
- Must have physical ability frequently lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Must pass a physical examination, with no restrictions at a designated facility.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings and an investigative background process.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
The City of Edmond is an equal opportunity employer. Edmond does not discriminate against employees and/or potential employees. Adverse action based upon an applicant’s and/or employee’s race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, and military service is expressly prohibited. No decision affecting the terms, conditions and/or benefits of employment with the City of Edmond is based upon an individual’s membership in any of the aforementioned protected classes.
|Job Category||Electrician, Traffic Signal|