2024 board of directors nominations have closed.
Notice of Open Nomination Period
For the Office of
The IMSA Nominating Committee is accepting nominations for the office of IMSA Director-at-large which must be submitted no later than February 15, 2024. All nominations shall be submitted through the IMSA Executive Director. Nominations may be submitted electronically firstname.lastname@example.org or in written form delivered to:
2024 Director-at-large Nomination
IMSA Executive Director
597 Haverty Court, Ste 100
Rockledge, FL 32955
Term of Office
Two years with a maximum of two consecutive terms.
Duties, Qualifications and Responsibilities of the Office
Candidates shall be operational, public agency, life or retired members of IMSA in good standing.
Who is eligible to nominate?
Operational, public agency, life and retired members are eligible to submit nominations. Check your membership card or online profile to find your membership type.
How do I nominate?
You can nominate a qualified person for the office of Director-at-large by completing the following actions:
- Contact the candidate and receive his/her agreement to have his/her name and qualifications submitted as a nominee.
- Receive candidate’s agreement to submit his/her qualifications (see list below) and information to the Executive Director by February 15, 2024.
- Person nominating should send an email to the Executive Director that contains the following:
- Person making the nomination – name, IMSA member ID, day phone and e-mail address.
- Candidate’s contact information (name, preferred mailing address, email, day phone).
- A statement indicating you have spoken with the candidate and the candidate’s willingness to serve.
- The candidate’s agreement to submit qualifications and information required by February 15, 2024.
- A statement as to why you believe this candidate is qualified to become a Director-at-large of IMSA.
All candidates must submit the following to the IMSA Executive Director before the nomination deadline:
- A statement, signed by the candidate, affirming that they have the ability, time, resources and assistance necessary to properly perform the duties of an elected office of the Association, including the office of Director-at-large.
- A brief resume of their personal, professional and educational background.
- A letter from the candidate’s employer indicating level of support for this office.
- A statement or letter, signed by the Secretary of his/her Section, asserting that the Section, by vote of the Section Officers, approves and supports his/her candidacy.
2024 IMSA Director-at-large Nomination and Election Process Timeline
Monday, January 15 – Nomination period opens.
Thursday, February 15 – Nominations close and qualification information due to Executive Director.
February 26 – Nominating Committee meets to review qualifications of candidates.
March 15– List of qualified candidates sent to Council of Delegates.
July 14 – Nominating Committee meets to review candidates and develop recommendations to be given to Council of Delegates.
July 15 – Council of Delegates meets, receives Nominating Committee recommendations and votes.
July 18 – Swearing in of Board of Directors at Forum & Expo.