Traffic Signal Technician – IMSA II
About AM Signal
Established in 2001, AM Signal has grown to be a leader in the distribution of traffic signal control devices and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). We are a full-service, stocking distributor for numerous product lines, with full support from design to technical.
AM Signal has team members spanning the western United States covering a wide territory from Texas to California.
About the Role:
AM Signal is seeking a Traffic Signal Technician – IMSA II. This role is primarily responsible for the Washington and Oregon area. It is anticipated and preferable that the primary residence of the successful candidate should be in/near the Seattle/Tacoma metropolitan area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate on new and existing projects – preparing documentation, products, software, backup equipment, etc.
- Provide and ensure product training is completed for the client or contractor prior to product installation
- Identify product deficiencies or needs and inform sales of potential opportunities
- Actively promote new/ updated products and maintenance contracts.
- Update firmware/software as needed.
- Facilitate returned merchandise (RMA) and repairs, provide documentation, log of issues, etc.
- Keep current with changes in existing products and help the warehouse personnel, as necessary.
- Technical Job Builds – Cabinet installation with wiring and component testing; Camera calibrating, burn-in, and new product line testing; Troubleshooting lower-level technical issues in terms of RMA and warehouse personnel; Programming, testing, and troubleshooting all product lines when required; Internal training for warehouse personnel when applicable for new product lines
- Product Research and Development Support – The Technician is responsible for attaining a solid understanding of new technical products and their components/functions in order to train and QA before any sales take place; Maintain documentation, along with any associated product lines new or existing, and file in the company shared file system.
- Software/Firmware Updates
- Interaction with Clients – Attend technician-level tradeshows and gatherings; Work with DOTs, agencies, and contractors to ensure they are proficient and self-sufficient in the products being provided by AM Signal; Represent AM Signal and vendor partners professionally
- Customer Follow-Up and Support – Traffic Control Software Programming and Testing and network design, installation, testing, maintenance, and configuration of network software/hardware.
Additional duties as required.
- Must have IMSA certification (level II is preferred, but level 1 or those working toward certification will be considered)
- Must have a Flagger Card
- Valid driver’s license & vehicle (vehicle reimbursement for company travel)
- Arrange regular vehicle cleaning and maintenance services.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record with no traffic violations
- 10% to 50% travel anticipated but up to 75% travel is possible at times (paid for by company)
- Be a self-starter, detail-oriented, customer service-oriented
Our Core Values
- Customer Centric. We put the customer first and build lasting relationships.
- One Team. We win together, respect and help each other along the way.
- Industry Expertise. We rise above the rest in knowledge and ability.
- Integrity Driven. We do what’s right and we stick to our word.
- Quality Focus. We promote quality products, people, and services.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary, depending on experience and IMSA Certification level
- Complete benefits package includes paid vacation and paid sick leave, paid holidays, and 401k contribution with employer matching (up to 5%). Healthcare insurance premiums are 100% covered by the employer for the employee, partial coverage for qualified family members, and dental/vision insurance is optional.
AM Signal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
External Recruiting Agencies/Vendors: AM Signal does not currently engage with external recruiting agencies and will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external agency. Unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies to AM Signal will become the property of AM Signal and may be contacted and engaged with directly. AM Signal maintains a preferred vendor list and only engages with these agencies from time to time at AM Signal’s sole discretion.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
|Job Category||Traffic Signal|