To install, maintain, and repair traffic signal equipment, street lighting and to perform such other electrical maintenance as may be assigned.
- Installs, maintains, relocates and repairs electronic traffic control devices and street lighting fixtures.
- Repairs transformer, motors, starter, generators and other electrical devices.
- As required, installs wiring and electrical systems in municipal buildings and facilities.
- Sets up Maintenance of Traffic (MOT), which includes barricades, cones, arrow boards, etc.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- The intent of this class description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of classifications given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbent may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
- High School diploma or
- Five years experience as an electronics technician in the installation, maintenance and repair of traffic signal equipment. Specialized course in electronics from vocational or technical trade schools may be substituted for job experience.
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Driver’s
- Possess and maintain a valid Class “B” or higher State of Florida Commercial Driver’s License within six months.
- The ability to possess and maintain Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Intermediate Certification within six months of employment in position.
- Possess and maintain Level II IMSA Traffic Signal
JOB BASED COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices in the installation, maintenance and repair of solid state traffic control devices.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices in the safe and proper use of tools, materials and equipment in the electronics trade.
- Ability to operate bucket truck, backhoe, and other related light construction equipment as
- Ability to understand and carry out complex written and oral instructions effectively and
- Ability to work overtime and/or be on
- Knowledge of the latest National Electric Code (NEC).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, superiors and the general public.
Limited public contact.
ORGANIZATION STATUS/SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Department Head or designated representative.
No Supervision exercised.
Salary Grade: 114
This is heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally and up to 50 pounds of force frequently. Position requires considerable physical activity including walking, lifting, reaching, stooping, standing, grasping, balancing, climbing, kneeling, and crouching. Incumbent is subject to inside and outside activities with no effective protection from weather conditions. Visual acuity is required to inspect and operate automotive equipment. Position requires hearing sufficient to accurately perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Manual dexterity is required to operate equipment in the performance of duties.
|Job Category||Traffic Signal|