*SIGN ON BONUS Available *
The Traffic Operations Engineer performs advanced‐level engineering related to traffic operations. Will provide highly visible customer traffic operations support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. Independently analyze, assess, and interpret data, conditions, and systems to plan and execute traffic signal retiming projects, covering the data collection phase through the project reporting phase.
What you will be doing:
- Perform advanced‐level engineering related to traffic operations.
- Provide highly visible customer traffic operations support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Independently analyze, assess, and interpret data, conditions, and systems to plan and execute traffic signal retiming projects, covering the data collection phase through the project reporting phase
- Develop and implement strategies for improving arterial traffic flow and safety, prepare the development of system performance measurement tools, standard operating policies/procedures, deficiency reports and mitigation plans, coordinate with local agencies related to the operation and maintenance of traffic signals and arterial systems
- Sign and seal engineering reports as Engineer of Record (EOR)
- Closely coordinate with our department groups as needed
- Train staff on traffic engineering fundamentals as well as advanced tactics to efficiently move traffic
- Continuously improve project delivery (both quality and speed) through process improvements and staff training
- Provide engineering support for our Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSM&O) performance monitoring platforms
- Interact professionally and proactively with clients to ensure clients are highly satisfied
- Maintain knowledge of Advanced Transportation Management System (ATMS) platforms, optimization software, and analysis software to ensure technical competence
- Travel, as required, to participate in retiming deployments. Length of travel will depend on specific assignments and the successful completion of your responsibilities.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in traffic signal systems and traffic engineering principles
- Accomplished in common tools such as Synchro, CADD, GIS, traffic signal controller platforms, and all ATMS platforms; hands-on experience with traffic signal controller and ATMS platforms
- Traffic Management Center (TMC) operations familiarity
- Hampton Roads District arterial corridors knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) preferred in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- IMSA Traffic Signal Field Technician Level II (or willingness to obtain; we provide financial assistance)
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) license is a plus
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is also a plus
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- In-house training programs
To apply or view the full job description, click here
Iteris, Inc. (NASDAQ: ITI) is a pioneer and leader in smart mobility, providing industry-leading technologies and services that help cities, states and commercial enterprises achieve safer, smarter and more sustainable transportation systems. From AI-powered sensors and connected vehicle technologies at the intersection to powerful cloud-based software solutions, and a broad range of consulting services – from intelligent transportation system (ITS) planning, design and engineering to staffing and operations, and much more – Iteris is the only company positioned to deliver the future of smart mobility. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. (NASDAQ: ITI) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
|Job Category||Engineering, Traffic Systems|